July 8 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
One event on July 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on July 9, 2021 at 10:00 am
The PILLARS Symposium: Preparation, Information Literacy, Libraries, Academic Resources, and 21st Century Skills for Transitioning from Secondary School to College
Registration now open! https://www.esln.org/
- Why: A three-day symposium that will bring educators and librarians together to share knowledge on the topic of student readiness for college and beyond.
- When: Wednesday, July 7 – Friday, July 9, 2021 (exact start & end time TBD)
- Where: Virtually, from your computer.
- What: This symposium is designed to introduce educators to a wide range of teaching and learning resources for practical use in the 21st-century classroom. Presenters will share their knowledge on teaching information literacy instruction, writing, using primary resources, bridging the digital divide, and related topics that will prepare secondary students for success in college and beyond. The format will include formal presentations, breakout sessions, and opportunities to connect with educators around New York State. This symposium is presented by and for educators in New York State, and we welcome the perspective of guests from other regions who will join as presenters and attendees.
- Who: Presenters and target audience include but are not limited to:
- Secondary school teachers, librarians, administrators
- Academic librarians, professors, administrators
- First year college transition specialists
- Public librarians – both YA and Adult Services
- Public historians and cultural heritage institution educators
- Students (recent HS graduates and first-year college students)
- Others invested in student success with High School to College Transition